Letters from Lodi
An insightful and objective look at viticulture and winemaking from the Lodi
Appellation and the growers and vintners behind these crafts. Told from the
perspective of multi-award winning wine journalist, Randy Caparoso.
ZinFest’s Vintner’s Grille menu
Each year, the Lodi ZinFest‘s Friday night Vintner’s Grille at the Lake is a special affair when you can mix and mingle with Lodi’s finest winemakers and growers, while watching the sun sink into Lodi Lake in its customary spring blaze of violets, blues, reds and oranges. Then comes the crisp, cool air of our Lodi evenings in May, the stars shimmering over the mirrored water… magic!
This year’s Vintner’s Grille takes place on May 13th, 2011 at 6-9 PM, and the dinner menu is a Delta inspired, zin-friendly feast that you do not wish to miss:
- Tomato & basil bruschetta with shaved parmesan
- Assorted sausages served with gourmet mustards
- Skewered cheese tortellini with sweet basil and grape tomatoes (balsamic vinaigrette)
- Summit salad (romaine and spring mix with cranberries, mandarins, walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles tossed in shallot vinaigrette)
- Fresh green beans sauteed with onion, garlic and pancetta
- Pasta putanesca (rotini tossed with fresh tomatoes, kalamata and black olives, anchovies, red pepper flakes and extra virgin olive oil)
- Grilled chicken breasts brushed with pesto topped with pepper jack cheese and grilled portabella mushrooms
- Marinated & grilled choice beef tri-tip
Tickets are $75 per person and are available by advance purchase only by calling the Lodi Wine & Visitor Center at (209) 365-0621. Attendance is limited, and because the event sells out each year, please make your reservations while you can!
The gala Lodi wine reception begins at 6 PM, and dinner is served at 7 PM. Must be 21 years of age to attend. See you at the Lake!